LAUREL HIGHLANDS COUNCIL
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA
300 23rd street
Sharpsburg, PA 15215
STEM ADVENTURE DAY CAMP INFORMATION
* Campers should bring a bagged lunch
* Campers should bring swim suit, towel, and sunscreen
* Consent & Medical forms are due prior to arrival at camp they can be
Mailed to: Camp Guyasuta, 300 23rd street, Sharpsburg, PA 15215
Faxed to: 412-782-5980
Emailed to : email@example.com
* All groups are co-ed and divided into similar age groups
* Camp T Shirt is provided and to be worn daily - Additional shirts can be purchased for
$10.00 online in advance when registering only.
* Staff on site can dispense your child's prescription
* Two AED's and Epi Pens are on site for emergency use
* Staff certified in their respective positions
* ALL Staff and volunteers have background checks
* Camp is inspected by State, County, and Local Authorities
* Email conformation will be sent after registration
* $10.00 Registration fee for all campers, Registration fee is non-refundable.
* All campers must be signed in and out daily
* Camp Guyasuta is not responsible for loss of personal items
* Drop Off as early as 8:00 am - Pick up as late as 5:00 pm (Actual Programs are From 9-4)
* Late Pick ups after 5:00 will result in an additional $20.00 fee
* NO REFUNDS after May 24,2018
* Snacks are available for purchase at the swimming pool during pool time daily
* Please use sunscreen on your child prior to arrival at camp. We also recommend you pack sunscreen for them to reapply on themselves after getting out of the pool or after lunch.
* A swim test will be given to all camper on Monday to determine swimming ability.
Test to swim in shallow and spray ground (0-3 Ft) - Put feet in water and /or walk across the pool. Have fun in the water at a level they are comfortable with they must stay in
spray ground or shallow section of the pool.
Test to swim in the middle section (4-6 Ft): Jump feet first into water over the head, level off, and begin swimming. Swim 25 feet on the surface.Stop, turn, and resume swimming back to the starting place
Test to swim in the deep and use water slide (9 Ft): Jump feet first into water over the head, level off, and begin swimming. Swim 75 yards in a strong manner using one
or more of the following strokes: side, breast, trudgen, or crawl. Swim 25 yards
using an easy, resting backstroke.The 100 yards must be completed without stops.
* Only those campers in the 11-14 will do the High Challenge Course and Zip Lines.
Campers 6- 10 will participate in the climbing wall and cargo net.
* To ensure the enjoyment and safety of all campers, Camp Guyasuta reserves the right to
dismiss campers in the unlikely event there are discipline issues. Parents or guardians will
be contacted by phone to arrange child pickup.
No refund will be granted to those unable to complete camp.
* In the event of an emergency and you need to get a message to your camper call
Mike (412) 812-1758 or Kim (412) 680-4349